Thabiso NGO, engages in activities and projects such as:
Education, Community Development, Health, Economic Development, Governance, Geographical, Information System & Project Management.
Education: Includes school-based education projects, early childhood development, parent and teacher training and other government-identified priorities.
Community Development: Focus on initiatives that support and care for communities in need and vulnerable groups, e.g.: youth, women, elderly etc. Other activities include food security, disaster relief, activities promoting access to basic services, nation building initiatives. Psycho-social support is offered to orphaned children and vulnerable people. Thabiso NGO has two community service centres: Barkly West and Warrenton, Northern Cape
Health: Training of healthcare workers and intervention for people with diseases such as HIV/AIDS, diabetes, cancer, TB and high blood pressure to name but a few.
Economic Development: Thabiso NGO offers accredited training as per LG SETA requirements, skills development, enterprise support and development established
Governance: Institutional integrated development plans (IDP) training, water service projects and accredited training in governance.
Geographical Information System: Mappings and reports of socio economic surveys.
Project Management: Implementation and management of governmental projects e.g.
Community Works Program (CWP): Thabiso NGO was appointed as Implementation
Agents for the Northern Cape.
Enlighten lives for a better tomorrow.
Thabiso NGO strives to empower communities in order for every individual to reach
their full potential to live dignified and successful lives. Through accredited training,
community development programs, project management and administrative support.
• Value for money (quality service)
Thabiso NGO’s goals are as follows:
• To bring communities closer to Government and funders.
• To make sure Government and funders understand and are aware of challenges,
and the causes of these challenges in the community.
• To develop tools and techniques for individuals and the community to overcome
challenges and to live life in light.
Thabiso NGO has two business strategies:
• Thabiso NGO has a solid footprint in all the root projects in the communities of
the Northern Cape, therefore, we are able to identify and address the challenges.
• Scientific tools are available to conduct research and surveys to identify and
implement projects on behalf of the Government and funders. Therefore, Thabiso
NGO is able to approach new communities.
As a non-profit organization, Thabiso NGO enriches lives by funding projects for the
community. We assist in job creation by preparing the community members for the
The following projects are currently running:
• Drop-in Centres (Barkly West and Warrenton)
The two community centres are aligned to be child friendly and after school care with
various projects are in place to stimulate and support children and parents, these
projects being food security, homework support, sports development, life-skills
development, computer and internet provision for school tasks.
• Play Groups
Six children per group in the rural places where there are no ECD centres. Currently
there are 33 play groups operating: 8 in Jo Morolong, 10 in Barkly West and 15 in
• “Knowledge on the Go” Programme
Thabiso NGO distributes resources for cognitive development of children and builds
healthy relationships between parent and child.
• Parent Training Sessions
Using the cognitive resources for the parents and children, general information that
can help in raising children and information for teenage mothers and mothers with
• Parent Support Groups
Support to teachers and parents with a catch-up programme and resources to assist
with children who are behind in their development phase and enrolled in any
foundation phase level but were not ready for the specific grade.
• Early Childhood Development
As per curriculum based on the CAPS of the Department of Education.
• Project Management
Thabiso NGO is appointed by the Department of Corporate Governance to run the
Community Works Program (CWP).
Thabiso NGO has the task of managing 11 000 participants since 1 April 2012 to
Managing useful work – this has been identified by the community through
community participant tools.
Financial Management: procurement of tools and training for the projects.
Thabiso NGO is responsible for the administration of the project attendance
registers, Management Information System (MIS), Health and Safety and asset
Implementation of stakeholder engagement in local, provincial and national
government and private sector involvement to create and establish partnerships.
• National Certificate: Local Government Councillor Practices District and Local Municipalities
– Northern Cape
• National Certificate: Ward Committee Governance – Northern Cape
• Project Management – Northern Cape
• SMME Development – Dias Plus Consultancy, De Beers Mine
• Corporate Governance – Northern Cape
• Psychometric Testing – Northern Cape
• Rural Development – Francis Baard District Municipality
• Succession Planning and Power Point Presentation – SAPD
• Peer Education Training – Department of Health, LoveLife, NICDAM, HIV/AIDS forum KZN
• Home Community Based Care – Department of Health
• Health Counselling and Testing – Department of Health
• Business ethics and etiquette – Khumba Mine
• Integrated Development Plans – Port Nolloth, Springbok, Renosterberg Municipalities
• Institutional Development Plans – Renosterberg Municipalities.
• Land claims – Department of Land Reform
• Research: Community, Institutional, Policies and Developmental Research.
• Water Conservation and Demand Management programmes – Namaqualand Municipalities
• Problem Analysis, Conflict Handling, Stress Management and Communication –
De Beers Mine
• Performance Management System Development – Namaqua Municipalities
• Team Building – Richtersveld Municipalities
• Early Childhood Development training and playgroups – Thabiso NGO personnel
• Youth Development – LoveLife & Thabiso NGO personnel
• Blue and Green Drop of Municipalities – Sianda Municipalities, Richtersveld, Namaqua, Renosterberg Municipalities.
Thabiso NGO was founded in 1998 by women in the community wanting to make a difference. Thabiso NGO was registered as an NGO in 2001 according to the Non Profit Organisations Act (No 17 of 1997). In 2015, a transformation took place and the name was changed to 3L Development. Thabiso NGO has obtained a Level 1 BBBEE status. In 2014, At the AGM’s strategic session a decision was made to make a paradigm shift, focusing on social economic empowerment, project management and education as the core of our business.
The name which has been selected for the proposed new developments is “Live Life in Light”. To spread light was the vision of the organization since inception. In 2010, the design of the logo is a human being excelling with this light from within, as each individual is not meant to live in despair. The name Thabiso means to bring that light and happiness to people. The leadership recognized that this light and happiness starts with the children and the foundation that is laid. If there is no solid foundation how can we expect good school results and, thereafter, adults who are successful citizens in South Africa? Custom designed programmes can assist and equip parents, and early childhood practitioners as agents of change. And by following these steps, the organization will strive to apply a holistic approach and be actively involved in creating a hopeful and bright future.
Therefore, at the two Community Service Centres the focus will primarily be on the children which will automatically include all the relevant parties i.e. parents. The organization will dedicate all possible resources to the two centres and stay involved in all current and future projects. As project management is one of the strengths of the organization, staff and leadership believes we can contribute to spreading light in every
form by consulting the various government departments and the private sector.