Join us for … N Read more [...]
Child Welfare South Africa – Kimberley is a non-profit, non-governmental organisation in the country in the fields of child protection and child and family care and development.
Child Welfare South Africa (CWSA) is an umbrella body that represents more than 263 member organizations and outreach projects in communities throughout South Africa. Together with its members it forms the largest non-profit, non-governmental organisation in the country in the fields of child protection and child and family care and development. Child Welfare South Africa Northern Cape has 14 dedicated affiliated member organisations rendering Child protection services throughout the province. CWSA affiliates within the Northern Cape Province are as follows:
- CWSA Barkly West
- CWSA Christina Kiddie
- CWSA Delportshoop
- CWSA Kimberley
- CWSA Brandvlei
- CWSA Fraserburg
- CWSA Loeriesfontein
- CWSA Groblershoop
- CWSA Niekerkshoop
- CWSA Pampierstad
- CWSA Sutherland
- CWSA Keimoes
- CWSA Douglas
- CWSA Kuruman
Self-sustaining society that proactively improves lives and conditions of children and families.
- Advocate for the development of a children’s rights culture in South Africa.
- Assure the relevance of national policy and legislation to protect and enhance the life of children.
- Benefit marginalised communities and strengthens community efforts to meet their needs through development programmes.
- Capacitate our member organisations, associates and communities with training, mentoring and the development and location of resources. The major portion of our work is with community groups.
- Ensure the formulation and delivery of developmental programmes based on research.
- Establish practices, standards, conditions and policies that protect children.
- Focus on the equitable distribution of Child Welfare services to disadvantaged communities.
- Generate funds and fundraising opportunities and assist our members with the same.
- Implement national programmes that help all levels of the infrastructure of Child Welfare South Africa with organisational development, sound management and the pursuit of financial viability.
- Inform, and educate the public, on issues detrimental to the well-being of children.
- Maintain credibility through our membership of national and international organisations, national and provincial committees and local groups.
- Promote the work of Child Welfare and our member organisations and the impact that our services have on the country.
- Spearhead and co-ordinate national projects that facilitate community services for children and that focus on key social issues, mobilise communities and maintain national standards.