18 June – 21 June 2019 & 25 June – 28 June 2019
Cost: R110 per child per workshop
The cost includes the use of all the equipment and ingredients needed, refreshments, aprons (for use only), recipes and takeaway containers.
We are hosting cooking workshops for kids aged 6 – 13 years, where children will be grouped according to age or skill level. We learn new terminology, weigh and measure, boil and bake, roll and grate while we experiment with exotic flavours and have creative fun together. We take every precaution to keep everyone safe and assist children with the use of all equipment.
- 18 June: The Food Pyramid. Carbohydrates provide energy – we bake a savoury dish and learn how to safely use the kettle to make hot drinks.
- 19 June: Breakfast. The importance of fibre, carbohydrates and protein. The cooks make egg baskets with a vegetable filling.
- 20 June: Time for Trifle! We learn how to weigh/ measure ingredients while we create this popular dessert.
- 21 June: Lunchbox treat. “I can help myself” – kids make their own healthy sandwiches with yummy high fibre fillings as well as a healthy rooibos iced tea.
- 25 June: Safety in the Kitchen. We learn about correct use of electrical appliances, cleaning up spills, the safe use of knives and graters, treatment of burns etc…while we prepare crunchy vegetable fritters with a creamy dipping sauce.
- 26 June: Hygiene in the Kitchen. How to store fresh produce, diary and meat; expiry dates on food; how to clean cutting boards and proper cleaning of utensils. Home- made beef patty and creamy mash potato.
- 27 June: Zero waste Kitchen. Using fruit for a delicious pudding. We learn to use the microwave oven safely while making custard.
- 28 June: Brilliant bakers. We learn about High Gi food and correct portions for sugary foods. Let’s bake Palmiers with a delicious filling.
CLICK HERE to send an email for the full programme and registration form.
WhatsApp 082 396 9765. Booking is essential.
Bookings for children are to be made 2 days before workshop.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW ALL UPCOMING EVENT AND CLASSES AT EGG-IN-A-NEST COOKING SCHOOL FOR KIDS