Samba is headquartered in Bloemfontein with branches in Port Elizabeth and Kimberley. There are more than 15 000 stores where 33 000 cardholders can use their Samba card to do their purchases. Although we only have branches in the Free State, Northern Cape and Eastern Cape our members reside nationwide. Being registered as a Co-operative means that there are no major shareholders that need to be catered for. Samba members are joint owners of the Co-operative and share in the annual net profit, as a percentage of a bonus on their individual purchases made during the year.
Samba serves the consumer as member with benefits such as:
- Up to 45 days credit on purchases made.
- No monthly fees (only an annual card fee of R210*).
- No interest on monthly purchases.
- No transaction fees.
- Allocation of the net profit to members based on the percentage of their yearly purchases.
- Competitive fixed interest rate of only 12%* per annum on financing products such as motor vehicle finance, personal loans etc.
- Facilitated payments of short-term insurance with a monthly bonus payable on premiums.
- Availability of affordable funeral cover.
- More than 15 000 shops to choose from.
- Long term relationship with personal service.
* Cost and interest rate are subject to change from time to time as determined by the Credit Provider.”