Currently trading as Read more [...]
Currently trading as an Event and Conference Facility
CLICK HERE for more info.
A bit of History
4 August 1911, Constance Hall opens and has its first dance to music of Herr Rybnikar.
5 DECEMBER 1952, Constance Hall re-opens after renovations.
The Constance Hall was the Boiler room of the De Beers Mine in 1889. After the mine closed in 1908, the General Manager of De Beers, Alpheus Williams, decided to turn it into a social hall, which was done. It was named Constance in honour of Alpheus Williams’ wife Connie (nee Smith, daughter of Dr J.A.J. Smith). Repair work was necessary in the 1950s and extensions were done in 1952 at a cost of £20 000. It was re-opened officially by Mr H.H. Taylor on 5 December 1952, and was utilized as a social hall until the mid 1990s when it became a discotheque [Danskraal - Webm.] - Via Steve Lunderstedt
References to Constance hall
Delivery: Yes100% Local: -Premium Company: -Service Excellence Promise: -Local Grading: -