The Masonic Temple is a single-storey corrugated iron structure with a saddle roof and centrally placed air vent. A verandah is found to the rear of the building. The Union Lodge initiated the erection of this building in 1886 after the Freemasons at the diamond fields of Kimberley realised the necessity to have an own Temple. The foundation-stone of the building was laid on 18 December 1886.
Type of site: Masonic Lodge
Current use: Social: Masonic Temple.
It is an important qualitative architectural element in the street scene of Dutoitspan Road.